Thursday, August 10, 2006

New words

How a life can change sometimes.
I now know a whole new vocabulary.
Chasuble
Dalmatic
Fiddle back
Orphrey
Dowlas
Brocatelles
I've been asked to make a set of vestments for Christmas for East Harling Church. What a privilege. I've also been asked to make a fiddle backed chasuble for the high church at Eye in Suffolk. Wow. Nice work if you can get it.
I'm going to try & get East Harling to let me embroider a lamb like the one at Bourne Church. East Harlings village sign has a lamb on it as this was a huge wool growing area from medieval times right up until the early 20th century.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Wow! How exciting! Would you do the embroidery by hand? How much artistic license do you have in the design?

I want YOUR job! :-)

kellyd

xxxx

JoeyJoJo said...

I'll probably get a machine embroidery place to do most of it & then embellish the lamby with french knots, like a curly wool coat.
Gold thread here we come!!!!!!