Saturday, August 26, 2006

Big Sis

My Big Sister is the best sister you could ever wish for. She is my inspiration in food & sewing & knitting & how best to love children and just in living life generally.
We were just like any other naughties when we were growing up & I remember a particular game she had where she would stand with arms & legs spread wide to block the doorway & chant "Say your name or you can't get through"....it still makes me boil thinking about the power struggles we went through.
All that changed when Mum & Dad split up & it was us against the world, we learned to cook so as to feed ourselves & busied our minds & hands by making things....you couldn't have wished for a more caring buddy, I felt she was there for me at all times, my protector.
I love her.

And here are some pictures of things she might like....baby pheasants madly criss crossing the track....




Haystacks...

















and my new knitting project for Zebedee..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thankyou my lovely sister.