Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finished stole


Last year my friend David Hill asked me to make a stole for him for his entry into the Church. I had no idea how it should be made. After a lot of trial & a few errors I worked it out. Lined & interlined, all hand sewn, I was proud of it when it was finally done.This is my third one now and it does get easier. It's still a huge amount of work though; this one's taken me weeks. I took it to France with me and it was lovely to be making something with grape vines on it when I was surrounded by them. Let's hope she likes it.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a clever girl .Lovely hand sewing is good for the soul...

yvette said...

Its gorgeous, I am sure she will love it.

JoeyJoJo said...

Thanks you guys. It's always a little nerve racking finishing something and suddenly realising you made it for someone else and maybe it's not what they thought they were getting.

kelly said...

wow. wow. WOW. Love it!

You are incredible.

But we already knew that.

xxxx