Monday, September 17, 2007

Sailing

On Sunday we went sailing on the Norfolk Broads .
"The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads is Britain's largest protected wetland and third largest inland waterway, with the status of a national park. It's also home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the UK." from the Broads Authority website.
We went with our friend David. I didn't tell him before we went, but my previous sailing experiences weren't good. Dad had a catamaran that he'd built from scratch & the few times Sue & I went out on it, we'd get yelled at & hit by the boom. Tense & unpleasant to say the least.

Yesterday couldn't have been more different. David let us both have a go at steering, the sun shone and we had home made sausage rolls & cupcakes made by his wife Rebecca.

It's weird but even now I feel like I'm still rolling.

No comments: