Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Buxton number 2

Those high peaks were covered in heather....absolutely beautiful.
We went walking after a huge lunch at the Druid Inn.
I've never seen heather and I had no idea it was so very purple. It was cloudy & did rain a bit but it was amazing up there on top of the world. Lakshmi and Andy took us up to see a stone circle called the Nine Ladies built 3-4,000 years ago in the Bronze Age. It was a beautiful spot & because of the weather, we were the only people there. It was quite eerie, there were dangling offerings hanging from a nearby tree, white ribbons & tiny mirrors, an apple left at the foot of the tree & a startling snake that I found out was plastic only after I bumped into it & squeaked.
I want to come back on Midsummers night & dance sky clad.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why not can we come too ?