Thursday, October 15, 2009

Macaron Mama

When I came downstairs this morning, Ricardo the magnificent had done all the dishes and unearthed all the bits and pieces for me to start filling the macarons for my big weekend craft fair at Riddlesworth school.
This is what it said on the note So I set to work smiling.
Busy, busy making blackcurrant flavour ganache for the purple ones
chestnut filling for the pistachio ones
....... and saffron filling for the saffron coloured ones. These worked out the best so I gilded them with edible gold dust too. They REALLY taste like saffron as I put a whole packet in both the biscuits and the ganache.


So far so good. Let's just hope I sell a bucket load of these little edible cushions.

3 comments:

kelly said...

I'll take a dozen of the purple, a dozen of the pistachio/chestnut ones and what are those gorgeous orange ones?!

yum, yum, and YUM!

Lulu LaBonne said...

these look fantastic - wish I'd been able to make the fair I hope you did well, I'm assuming everything of yours disappeared in a flash.

Het said...

Hope you did well Joey. They look amazing! Speak to you soon.xxxxxxxx
Heather.