Tuesday, December 14, 2010

From 3 to 28

For those of you who haven't seen me for a while I just thought I'd update you on where on earth I am. I'm struggling actually, (slightly dazed, jet lagged and hot) to know WHERE on earth I am.
For weeks I've been freezing my bum off in Norfolk with ice and snow (not that I'm complaining as ice and snow at this time of year still seems so exotic to me). Now I'm perspiring copiously in Singapore, staying with my friends Mary and Andrew on my way back to Melbourne for Christmas.
This is the walk we went on this morning through the jungle.



After the walk it was time for lunch. Tofu that tasted like fragrant citrus, slender eggplant in an aromatic chilli dressing and those most wonderful salty fish, ikan bilis washed down with a glass of iced lime drink.
Then off to the beauty parlour for a pedicure...
Still need the wax....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful beggining to your trip home my love.Wonderful pictures....really think you should wax darling! Love you.xxxxx clarissa xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Jo,

I know that envy is a deadly sin but.... Written from the cOld Barn whilst wearing overcoat (would be wearing gloves too but typing gets hard)!

Have a great Christmas and both G and I look forward to seeing you upon your return to the 'frozen North'.

Jem x

suez said...

who knows what Melb will bring.Cold today but the warm is coming.hot pudding and custard or cold frozen chocolate semi-fredo. cant wait

JoeyJoJo said...

Anything is fine with me as long as it's not those damn slippery cumquats.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I love cumquats - they are not slimy - they are tasty and yummy. Philistine!

East harling woods look very tame compared to your new surroundings. Soak up our share of vitamin D as we prepare ourselves for another "cold snap".

Look after yourself!
Love Rebekah

kelly said...

ahhhh! Soaking up the warmth from your photos. xxxxxx

JoeyJoJo said...

Thanks gang.
Rebekah, Sue Thomas slipped on a wobbly rock wall while picking cumquats, so it wasn't the citrussy little devils that were slippery but the getting of them that was... xx
Stay warm.
xxx