Saturday, February 23, 2008

Big beautiful Sydney

There is age old competition between Melbourne & Sydney. A bit like New York vs LA.
Melbourne has a sort of continental dignity & conservatism whereas Sydney is brash, showy and exciting. I'm a true Melburnian at heart but I always love going to Sydney. It always seems to be warm. On on the plus side this means ...... Frangipani and Bouganvilea& on the minus side.... huge cockroaches .
The harbour is a sensation & I still catch my breath when I turn a corner & see the Sydney harbour bridge & the Opera house.

One of the other Sydney benefits is the amount & variety of boats.....it makes someone VERY happy...
We stayed with Ricardo's friends Jim & Helen. Jim plays blues harmonica like you wouldn't believe. Jim's always asking us when we are moving back to OZ. When I see he & Richard together I think we are committing a crime against humanity by keeping them apart.

2 comments:

suez said...

love to you both you must be home safe and sound by now ,Heave a huge sigh and become busy little beavers again .Lots and lots of love Suez....

JoeyJoJo said...

Thanks Thomsey. We are home, safe & sound. Busy already.
There was an earthquake here last night, (I just thought it was Richard farting.)