Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scary

This post has no pictures, you'd be too scared if there were.
A few night ago, it must have been Friday when Liz got here back from work in Paris. We had had a fun night drinking Rosé d'Anjou and playing Yarnuff, our favourite card game. Finally it was time for bed & off we trotted to our empty "Other house" with its building dust & spiders & many millipedes. Up until then I'd just not looked really but this time there was a big hairy millipede just near the bed so I squashed it bravely not caring about Buddhism at all, as soon as I had I noticed another one straight away, obviously I was creating instant Karma.
I went to clean my teeth, not looking up at the ceiling where they usually cluster & trying not to feel too scared.
As I walked back down the darkest part of the staircase unbeknownst to me Richard was feeling in a silly mood & had decided to stand behind the curtain that you have to pass to get to the bedroom. It always kind of billows out so you think there's someone behind it, so normally you pass by very quickly. As I looked down I saw a hand sticking out from behind the curtain.....You always wonder what you will do in such a situation, surely you wouldn't be a complete girl & squeal or anything....I screamed like you've never heard, I screamed & screamed until I thought the whole of La Fosse would come running. Richard came out from behind the curtain looking mortified as he should have. He tried to calm me & finally did after about 10 minutes of sobbing. I think in the end he got more of a fright than I did.
Now Liz has great delight in telling all the neighbours about his shameful prank. They are all suitably horrified & sympathise with me no end saying "J'aurais eu une crise cardiaque", (I would have had a heart attack.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor thing I would have been just as scared.I wonder why we are so scared of such things....But it did make me laugh as well. sorry!! also we know that Doro would have been more scared of the millepedes so well done and very brave...

JoeyJoJo said...

Yay Thomsey, thanks. The millipedes here are big & kind of fluffy compared to the ones at Doro's house, just millions of legs. More SPIDER-LIKE.....

yvette said...

Oh you poor thing, I would have screamed too, apparently I scream like a girl where insects are concerned but as I keep telling all my boys, I am a girl, so its allowed!

Mardi Sommerfeld said...

Just caught up on a few of your posts.. We've been loving Roy and HG, had to educate my girls on all the smutty lingo. I laughed til I cried. Also love the braid! gorgeous. And the zoo, you sure get around lady. And, that awful husband of yours!! I laughed a bit too BUT I would've freaked out!!!!! He'll never do that again will he..... Grounds for divorce. Love you xxx