Saturday, December 09, 2006


For years & years I've loved & wanted to sing a gorgeous Aretha Franklin song called "Nobody like you". I've tried to get other people interested to try & get someone to play it for me while I sang it
At last....Richard listened properly to my ancient tape of it (must be 20 years old now) and fell in love as I had....if you click on this link there is a snippet from the Amazon site.
We are doing it tonight for the Christmas show at the Church. Fingers crossed I can convey the goose bump factor!!!!!

3 comments:

kelly said...

well...? well...? How did it go? We are dying to hear!

JoeyJoJo said...

It went super duper well.
One of those rare times when it seems to come out easily & people's faces just relax & go misty eyed.
A complete stranger came up to me & asked if I sang professionally!!!!
And a little boy of about 6 or 7 said it made him feel a bit "tired" when I sang "that" song.
"Oh" I said "was it a bit boring?".
"No, I think it made me relax", he said.
Bless his little heart.

kelly said...

hooray! I wish I could have heard it!