Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Thyme for an update

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have a tiny window of time to show you what I've been working on here at Exotic-cushions. It's been ages since my last post but the grass hasn't grown under my feet. Sorry, I'll stop with the Dad jokes.

I had a delightful time last week photographing these cushions for the website. There is a perfect patch of Thyme growing behind the workroom at Montsalvat and for a brief moment we had some sunshine dappling that patch. After I finished, the peacock had to come and have a look. They're such sweet curious creatures.

 
 The other curious creatures that are plentiful at Montsalvat at the moment are these cheeky cockatoos that have had great pleasure in nibbling off the pinnacles from the ends of our Glasshouse  Studio roof. 
I've also had a great deal of pleasure making these mini cushions that make the perfect present for the seamstress (or seamster...is that a word?) in your life. I've put a small amount of lavender in each one so as you sew and pin, you get a delightful waft of scent. As I was making them I felt myself relax as the day went on as the smell was so incredibly strong. The lavender is from the gardens at Montsalvat.
These only live at Montsalvat at the moment but feel free to email me if you'd like one sent in the mail. They can be made in a multitude of colours too.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful Joey - I love the photos of the birds and thyme too! I yearn to come visit again ...xx

JoeyJoJo said...

Darling Fiona. No more yearning, come, come, come.

Unknown said...

Hi Jo........this is Lynda Kennedy.....do you remember me from East Harling? It’s 22.51 in the UK and I am just doing a bit of late night surfing 🏄‍♀️....and clicked into your blog....I notice the last update was in November 2016 which is more than a year ago and I wondered what you were up to and how is life for you.......it was lovely looking back at some of your beautiful work and I do hope this is continuing in your homeland......Last month I turned 60.....which doesn’t seem possible......Paul and I are heading for retirement as he will be 65 in May so just a few more months for us and we will be free to continue our wanderings......whatever you are up to, I hope life is good for you and know that we have fond memories of you and your magnificent Ricardo.........it would be nice to read an update on your blog Jo.....so get writing......take care of yourself....wishing you a peaceful Christmas 🎄 Lynda xx

JoeyJoJo said...

Dearest Lynda. What a lovely surprise to see your comment here. Indeed I’ve been very lazy on the blog front over the past year. I hope life in Harling is keeping you happy. I’ll work on a post I assure you and hope you check back soon. Kindest regards. Jo J J