Tuesday, September 24, 2013

An extremely Exotic location

Exotic cushions has fallen on it's feet again!
Really? where?

 In there?
 Woah...




Yes, I've been blessed again with friends and sisters in high places and have found myself on my feet at Montsalvat, the artists colony in Eltham, Victoria, Australia.
Sue (my sister) and I had an open studio recently to show our wares.
Here are some photos of the surroundings I'm lucky enough to find myself working in.

 Montsalvat was built in the 1930's although it looks much older and much more French.

 There are many fascinating nooks and crannies where artists create beautiful things. Here is David Brown's studio where he makes violins and shakuhachi flutes and is a maker of international reputation and calibre.






 There have been some wonderful yarn bombers here as part of the artists in residence programme.
 I'll keep you informed as to what transpires. For now it's goodnight.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest dearest Joey
We are back from Crete and i thought I'd look to see IF you had a blog update. WOW!
It looks SO wonderful.......
can't wait to show Rob.
Just where you should be surrounded by lovely creative people....
More news please.
All love Robyn xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - lucky feet! xxx sue.s xxx

JoeyJoJo said...

Hey, thanks youse guys.
I do indeed have lucky feet.
xxxxx

Lulu LaBonne said...

wowowow - very lucky feet, xxxxxx