Saturday, April 07, 2012

North Creake Farmers market

This morning I got up early and went with a friend Mary Kemp to North Creake Farmers market. Mary was helping to launch the North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival.It was cold but sunny (well part of the morning was sunny) and I was amazed at the talent & enthusiasm I found there. I met my hero Tim Kinnaird the maker of macarons to die for. The loveliest bloke you could ever wish to meet. I bought some of his rhubarb & creme brulee .... well actually I can't remember what they're called but look at them!!! There were actually 4 of them for lunch tomorrow but hey there will only be three of us eating and I HAD to see what they tasted like. I was so inspired by the fresh produce that I decided my Easter Sunday lunch menu there and then. So... it's celeriac & roasted garlic soup followed by 8 hour lamb on a bed of fennel and onion (now with Mary's recommendation of a little bit of Marsala in the bottom of the dish), purple sprouting broccoli and roasted jerusalem artichokes.Thanks mary for a wonderful day in a very special part of the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!! Thrilled you like the market and that you are able to be a part of this year's Local Food Challenge! See you in June if not before. Thank you! Diana

JoeyJoJo said...

Thanks Diana. I LOVE the market and can't wait to come back for the next exciting instalment in June.