Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I think I can COPE

I have been working from dawn 'til dusk here...well even more than that because dawn is at about 10am and dusk happens about 20 minutes later.
I've been working on this mystery project...for my lovely friend David Hill. It's a gloroius Cope (which is like a cape only...well I don't really know what the difference is, if Jeremy is reading this could you enlighten us please).
I can't post the finished pictures yet because David sometimes reads the blog, but here is the back of the hood with it's cartoon of Saint Edmunds crown. Complete with arrows as he was martyred by being shot full of them.
It's taken miles & miles of gorgeous gold silk damask and even more red crushed velvet. Very Christmassy really. He's coming tomorrow afternoon to pick it up...maybe I'll get my act together & make a celebratory Cope cake.

No comments: